[VoiceOps] Hunt Group "as a Service"

Rafael Possamai rafaelpossa at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 12:26:11 EDT 2016

Hi all,

Not sure if this has been discussed here before, I couldn't find any
relevant archives.

I am looking for an Out-of-Band hunt group solution as a service, and by
that I mean a single DID to be used by a hunt group instead of an
extension, and the hunt group must be able to call external DIDs, not
extensions only.

Someone would call whatever DID is assigned, and the PBX would go down a
list of numbers to call until someone picks up. My use case is to provide
an on-call support line that does not rely on our internal infrastructure
or existing phone system.

I looked into some of the larger providers like 8x8, self-hosted 3CX,
etc... Vonage has this option, but I don't need the whole thing, just this
one feature.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Rafael