[VoiceOps] 503 usage

Glenn Geller (VDOPh) ggeller at vdo-ph.com
Tue Dec 13 21:04:43 EST 2016

Hello,

We frequently encounter carriers that use the 503 for anything they cannot
classify otherwise.

So, generally, unless it is OUR system, we treat 503 as a "Progress to
another route".

In our system, we use our best efforts to classify in a more detailed way,
using other codes where they can be used.

Hope this helps,

*Glenn @ VDO*