[VoiceOps] Instant Porting

Colton Conor colton.conor at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 15:52:04 EST 2016

How do cellular carriers perform almost instant porting of number, and why
can't landline providers do the same? For example if I take my Sprint cell
phone to an AT&T store, and switch over to AT&T they can do this almost
instantly.

I met someone one time at a tradeshow claiming they could do same day
porting for landline numbers just as the cellular industry did, but I was
not sure how he was doing it or if it was a myth.

I know cell systems are more automated and require a pin.