[VoiceOps] Need Mexico Termination

Eric Wieling ewieling at nyigc.com
Thu Jan 28 00:59:34 EST 2016

Try here: http://www.itu.int/oth/T0202.aspx?parent=T0202#A

>From http://www.itu.int/dms_pub/itu-t/oth/02/02/T020200008A0002PDFE.pdf :
     International calls: operators of international ports have to adapt
their networks with a view to enabling calls originating abroad and
having as their destination users in the local mobile service in Mexico
using the “national calling party pays” mode to be made by dialling the
following sequence: + 52 + 1 + national number

On 01/27/2016 09:53 PM, Peter Beckman wrote:
> Jared -- You are da man. I did not know this, and clearly my customer
> didn't either. Thanks!
>
> Adding a "1" between the country code (52) and the prefix (55) solved
> everything.
>
> Thanks for the private offers of connectivity too!
>
> Beckman
>
> PS -- I wonder, is there a reliable, regularly updated resource that
> people
> draw upon for seemingly arbitrary dialing rules on a per-country basis?
> http://www.wtng.info/ used to be awesome, but it really hasn't been
> updated
> regularly. The Mexico page still mentions the "in-country" mobile
> prefix of
> 045, which is deprecated in favor of 044 (now that I've brushed up on
> calling Mexico).
>
> On Wed, 27 Jan 2016, Jared Geiger wrote:
>
>> Peter,
>>
>> I sent this out Telefonica and got a SIP 183 recording that says
>> after the
>> equivalent in Spanish "Dialing Mexico Mobile numbers has changed. Dial 1
>> after the country code". All my other carriers 503 the call as well.
>> Adding
>> a 1 after 52 does make the call complete.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Jared Geiger
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 4:19 PM, Peter Beckman <beckman at angryox.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Neither Vitelity nor Binfone nor Siproutes/Thinq can terminate to
>>> this DID
>>> without a 5xx route advance:
>>>
>>> 525564229732
>>>
>>> Are you or your carrier able to? If so, I'll add your route and give
>>> you
>>> money. Please test before you say yes, if they answer just tell them
>>> it is
>>> the "Phone Company" testing reachability.
>>>
>>> Beckman

if at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you