[VoiceOps] Hawaiian Tel outage affecting local 911 system

Aryn Nakaoka 808.356.2901 anakaoka at trinet-hi.com
Wed Jun 22 20:23:07 EDT 2016

Our Local iLec is having an outage that's affected our 911 system.

http://www.hawaiiantel.com/Support/Overview/tabid/1322/Default.aspx

June 22, 2016
Hawaiian Telcom customers may have experienced intermittent service
disruptions to their phone service this morning. We've implemented a
routing solution that reduced the volume of voice calls impacted.
However, there is still some intermittent impact to voice calls
statewide. The 911 system is not down but calls to 911 may be affected
as voice calls statewide are intermittently impacted.

An update will be provided as soon as more information becomes
available. Customers who continue to experience intermittent issues
with voice calls can contact us online at hawaiiantel.com/Support and
select “Chat with Us” or “Submit Support Request.” Mahalo for your
patience.

https://twitter.com/HawaiianTel/status/745712804557119488

http://downdetector.com/status/hawaiian-telcom

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/32283932/hawaiian-telcom-reporting-intermittent-phone-issues-across-the-state-affecting-911-calls