[VoiceOps] Help Identifying Strange Tone

Jared Geiger jared at compuwizz.net
Wed Jun 22 20:24:43 EDT 2016

I've heard that before when dialing a fax machine when sharing the primary
voice line, it would do that kind of behavior to make sure the caller was
actually a fax machine.

My guess is to save a voice caller's ears from getting the CNG tone whereas
a fax machine would detect the line as answered and would start to send the
tones causing the receiving fax machine to quit "ringing" and answer.

~Jared