[VoiceOps] G.729 A/B Experiences

Ivan Kovacevic ivan.kovacevic at startelecom.ca
Fri Mar 11 19:19:22 EST 2016

The thing to consider as well is that when there is packet loss for reasons
other than bandwidth constraints, g711 will remain usable way beyond what
the "low bandwidth" codecs will handle. We work with contact centres and
only use G711. Our clients have abundant bandwidth, because bandwidth is
cheap, G711 sounds better and is more resilient... why mess with a good
thing.

Best Regards,

Ivan Kovacevic
Vice President, Client Services