[VoiceOps] Cox cable "outages" and a solution

Carlos Alvarez caalvarez at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 12:45:59 EDT 2016

We have always deployed our phones to only use our own DNS and SNTP
servers.  The phones only accept the IP and gateway from DHCP.  We found
out about the issues because customers' IT people were asking us why the
phones were working and "the internet" was not.  After stringing them along
on answers about voodoo and black magic, we figured it out.  I posted here
because not everyone doest things this way.