[VoiceOps] 911 testing

Darren d at d-man.org
Thu Dec 28 13:21:29 EST 2017

Most providers support 811 or 933 which reads back the Caller ID and configured address to you. This is what we advise our clients do. We also make sure, configuration-wise, that our rules that route to 811/933 are the same exact rule sets as 911. System-wide, we periodically test 911 ourselves after calling an approved PSAP number first to verify no active emergency is ongoing (Dash will show you the PSAP’s non-emergency number so you can reach a supervisor first and advise of testing).