[VoiceOps] TCP Signaling for SIP Signaling

Colton Conor colton.conor at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 12:42:09 EDT 2017

Pete,

Still not quite understanding how multiple SBC's vs  primary/standby
fail-over is differnet? Wouldn't  primary/standby fail-over require 2 SBCs?

Yes, I am referring to Polycom's  TCPpreferred setting. I just looked at
Polycom Admin guide, the the default is DNSnaptr not TCPpreferred. However,
in Broadsoft's recommended device config file it says use TCPpreferred.
Also in Polycom's guide, they recommend Note: Use BLF with TCPpreferred
transport Use this feature with TCPpreferred transport. I assume this is
due to UDP framentation with large BLF packets.

So sounds like both Polycom and Broadsoft agree TCPpreferred aka use TCP
when possible is the best method, especially when using BLF. So the
question is why do most NOT due this. I assume there has to be some reason
not to.