[VoiceOps] TCP Signaling for SIP Signaling

Simon Perreault sperreault at jive.com
Tue Jul 18 10:05:58 EDT 2017

Le 2017-07-18 à 09:58, Colton Conor a écrit :
> I believe is you don't use SIP timers the session will close using UDP,
> whereas on TCP the session will stay active and keep the hole through
> the carriers firewall open to allow traffic to pass?

NAT timeouts for TCP are generally much longer than for UDP, which
allows keep-alives to be much less frequent, thus saving battery life.
But that is true of any kind of NAT. Hence my question about NAT64's
relevance to this discussion.

--
Simon Perreault
Director of Engineering, Platform | Jive Communications, Inc.
https://jive.com | +1 418 478 0989 ext. 1241 | sperreault at jive.com