[VoiceOps] VoIP Providers and direct NANP access

Pete Eisengrein peeip989 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 16:04:17 EST 2017

Hello VoiceOp'rs

In 2015 the FCC released an order which allows non-CLEC VoIP providers to
get numbers directly from the NANP:

https://www.fcc.gov/document/fcc-releases-voip-direct-access-numbering-report-and-order

This document describes in great detail, well, not much; it doesn’t really
get to the heart of the matter – the *how*. I can think of several ways it *
*could** be done, but don't know how it actually **is** done,

Is anyone out there doing this today or was part of the trial and willing
to discuss and/or maybe point me toward more engineering-y documentation or
maybe even (*gasp*) a reference architecture?

Thanks,

Pete