[VoiceOps] Past due/overdue invoices for Doctor offices - How to handle?

Carlos Alvarez caalvarez at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 19:33:08 EST 2017

I guess the reverse of the question would be...why?  We've never been
approached by a real prospect who wanted to use it in such cases, nor has
anyone ever complained about this wording.  We took that language idea from
the many similar software license agreements, like the ones saying you
can't use it in a nuclear plant or air traffic control for example.  Our
lawyer said that fighting an indemnification battle is much harder than
"they violated our contract therefore we're not liable."

That choice was backed up when we were threatened with a lawsuit by a
plumbing company that takes emergency calls 24x7.  We had a planned outage
on a Sunday and they said they lost an emergency damage call, so we should
be partly responsible for the damage that they couldn't respond to promptly.

We fired them, by the way.  They were assholes anyway.  Any time a new
prospect comes to you saying he's looking for a great VoIP carrier because
the last four have sucked, don't let your ego tell you that you're better.
Realize that the common problem with all of them is that customer.