[VoiceOps] Mitigating or stopping TDOS attacks - any advice?

Ivan Kovacevic ivan.kovacevic at startelecom.ca
Mon May 15 13:09:01 EDT 2017

I think putting this à “block the offending traffic pattern” into practice
is the crux of the issue. Maybe I am short-sighted or don’t give AI
sufficient credit, but I think identifying the offending traffic pattern is
not going to be easy (or maybe possible at all).

Anyone initiating a TDOS attack can manipulate the call pattern and caller
ID easy enough to make it look like ‘normal’ traffic.

I do hope I am wrong, but…

Best Regards,

Ivan Kovacevic

Vice President, Client Services

Star Telecom | www.startelecom.ca
<http://t.sidekickopen61.com/e1t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7lC8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJW7t5XYg1qMvVnW3LjyBM63K6FlW63JXmj56dLPjf6TyZWx02?t=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.startelecom.ca%2F&si=6470560385859584&pi=c347a136-9122-44d9-b157-dd8bfc614cc9>
<http://t.sidekickopen61.com/e1t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7lC8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJW7t5XYg1qMvVnW3LjyBM63K6FlW63JXmj56dLPjf6TyZWx02?t=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.linkedin.com%2Fcompany%2Fstar-telecom-www-startelecom-ca-%3Ftrk%3Dbiz-companies-cym&si=6470560385859584&pi=c347a136-9122-44d9-b157-dd8bfc614cc9>