[VoiceOps] Mitigating or stopping TDOS attacks - any advice?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue May 16 17:01:04 EDT 2017

A "voice CAPTCHA" is a viable solution. But it does require
infrastructure commitments on your part, even if, as you say, an
Asterisk box can handle many concurrent calls. If you want to recycle
that across multiple customers, that kind of moat can get mildly
complicated.

The only concern I would have is from a user experience point of view;
your customer might not want their callers to have to go through a
confusing menu, and it would doubtless be psychologically off-putting.
I don't know what kind of business the customer is, but imagine if you
called your dentist's office and were prompted to enter some sort of
PIN. As a layperson, you might think something is wrong with the phone
system.

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)