[VoiceOps] VoIP Testing

Lee Riemer LRiemer at bestline.net
Tue May 30 12:56:55 EDT 2017

If you need more horsepower, for about $100 extra, you can load linux on a Netgate appliance.  Something like an SG-1000 https://www.netgate.com/products/sg-1000.html

From: VoiceOps [mailto:voiceops-bounces at voiceops.org] On Behalf Of Shripal Daphtary
Sent: Monday, May 29, 2017 8:01 AM
To: Pete Mundy
Cc: Voiceops.org
Subject: Re: [VoiceOps] VoIP Testing

Thanks Pete.

We're testing now.

Thanks,

Shripal

On May 29, 2017, at 5:25 AM, Pete Mundy <pete at fiberphone.co.nz<mailto:pete at fiberphone.co.nz>> wrote:

On 24/05/2017, at 9:20 am, Shripal Daphtary <shripald at gmail.com<mailto:shripald at gmail.com>> wrote:

Mark, what type of device are you using as the sensor?

I've been looking for a raspberry pi with two Ethernet interfaces but I can't seem to find one.

I'm assuming we need on port for port mirror traffic and one for internet access to send the data back to voipmonitor.

Shripal,

There's no off-the-shelf RPi with dual NICs, but any class-driver compliant USB NIC will work fine as a second interface, as long as you don't need more than 100mbit wire speed.

We do this on multiple RPis. It's literally plug-n-play :)

Pete