[VoiceOps] SDWAN for VOIP

Brian Murray bmurray at transbeam.com
Wed Oct 4 20:12:19 EDT 2017

Velo has two models.

  *   VAR model
  *   Service Provider model

SP’s receive a greater discount, marketing dollars, account team (sales/SE/etc…)

We like the other bigger SP’s opted for the Velo SP model to compete in the market and continue to leverage the core MPLS networks that we’ve invested heavily into over the years.

Having our own cloud gateways allows us to tie into our existing core network and thus provide existing MPLS customers a hybrid MPLS offering by way of SDWAN. Additionally it allows a far better “QOE” for our managed voice applications.

Sizing or trying to explain sizing to a customer isn’t always straight forward. by the book sizing, you’d take all the wan circuits (2 x 10Mb as an example would = 40MB SDWAN) and add up the upstream/downstream . Sizing in velos world is based off RFC2544 benchmark testing.
In my opinion any SDWAN 200Mb or above really jumps out as a significant line item.
Hence the reason Velo has so many insertion models.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D2770D.2FC9F310]

Brian J. Murray

Director, Sales Engineering & Product Development

Transbeam

p:

212.631.8100 x230  m: 516.574.9696

a:

8 W 38th Street | 7th Fl | New York, NY 10018

e:

bmurray at transbeam.com<mailto:bmurray at transbeam.com>