[VoiceOps] Cisco acquires Broadsoft for approx the GDP of Belize

Peter Rad. peter at 4isps.com
Mon Oct 23 19:10:59 EDT 2017

This transaction says that being a stand-alone telco vendor doesn't work
any longer.  Taqua, Tekelec and Acme Packet for examples. ALU isn't
exactly setting the world on fire.  Consolidation means fewer customers.

And despite the analyst forecasts, UCaaS is not rocking the world. It is
all going toward CPaaS.
http://channelplaybook.com/telecom/the-ucaas-numbers-dont-add-up/

Sonus and Genband have been in talks for months.
No idea what Metsaswitch will do.

I find it funny they wait until their customers fly out to Phoenix to
get kicked in the nuts. If they had leaked it 2 weeks ago, some of the
attendees could have saved the airfare.

Also, BSFT needed a new C-Suite like 3 years ago.  Slack kicked their
ass and they took forever to try to catch up. Never even integrated with
Slack!

They compete directly with their customers  (BroadCloud).  It's not a
good formula for the 400 clients who are not the Duopoly.

Regards,

Peter Radizeski
RAD-INFO INC
813.963.5884