[VoiceOps] Phone auth for incoming calls?

Carlos Alvarez caalvarez at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 13:43:45 EDT 2018

Do most of you have the phones authenticate incoming calls?  We haven't
been, but occasionally find a router that has unfiltered full cone NAT
(Cisco) or that puts one phone on 5060 with no filtering by IP.  The result
is that the phone will start ringing at random as script kiddies hit the IP
and port 5060 trying to find servers to exploit.  I don't see a downside to
changing to auth, but not having done it outside of a few tests of a small
number of phones, I figured I would ask.