[VoiceOps] LNP, tandems, etc.

BackUP Telecom Consulting marylou at backuptelecom.com
Wed Aug 29 12:28:04 EDT 2018

You can pick which rate center your LRN will be assigned from, but you
still have to follow the tandem homing established by the ILEC for that
rate center. Not all ILECs require the same type of trunking to each of
the tandems, but all require you to home your LRN on the tandem that
your LRN-NXX would normally be served by in the PSTN network. Now you
can appear to get around this by using the CLLI code of a third party
providers, but the third party providers network is required to route
traffic like the ILEC so really you're just using one pipe to send all
your traffic to the ILEC and the third party provider breaks it out
according to what tandem the ILEC requires trunking to.

Mary Lou Carey

BackUP Telecom Consulting

Office: 615-771-7868 (temporary)

Cell: 615-796-1111