[VoiceOps] LNP, tandems, etc.

Mike Hammett voiceops at ics-il.net
Wed Aug 29 15:33:19 EDT 2018

So then as someone fairly new to the telco side (brief run down of how things worked fifteen years ago, then moved on to IP, microwave, etc. to avoid regulatory nightmares... now responsible for the operations of a company doing each part themselves), my confusion is understandable?

Understood on the > 24 DS0s part. We have some DS1s to specific towns in addition to the tandem connection.

If I were working with rate centers off of the other tandem, having a connection to the other tandem makes sense. However, my only dealings with that other tandem is that Comcast moved their LRN over there.

I'll reach out to Frontier and see what we can do.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com