[VoiceOps] ANIs flagged as telemarketer/spammer/scammer

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Aug 30 19:02:11 EDT 2018

Thanks, David.

Setting aside the question of "how" - I agree with your speculations on
the "sauce", "where" is it done? Do the US mobile majors do this at the
network level? Do some of them use Google's service for it, which as I
understand is baked into the Android Phone app but may not be enabled?
What about on iDevices?

I'm not really concerned with people who use apps to screen
telemarketers. They're just not a big factor for me; most people do not
use these apps. I'm interested in what happens by default without the
user's intervention.