[VoiceOps] Question about billing on SIP trunks

Joe Aponick joea at voipinnovations.com
Thu Sep 20 17:04:10 EDT 2018

Does this provider have anything to say about the SIP privacy headers, P-Asserted-Identity and/or Remote-Party-ID?  Those are typically preferred for routing/billing purposes whereas From is typically preferred for display.

You might be able to keep the original caller in the From header, and set the P-Asserted-Identity or RPID to the original destination and have the call be routed and billed based on that.