[VoiceOps] Dealing with a spammer?

Ivan Kovacevic ivan.kovacevic at startelecom.ca
Thu Apr 11 12:17:13 EDT 2019

>From Somos (SMS/800)

Number Status Setup Date RespOrg ID Company Name Contact Number
8006367230 WORKING 01/20/2005 LQX01 INTELIQUENT, INC. 8663887258
Call the contact number to complain. Not sure is Somos has an
abuse/complaints number.

<http://www.startelecom.ca>

*Ivan Kovacevic*

*VP Client Services*

*STAR TELECOM*

*5915 Airport Rd. Suite 610, Mississauga, ON L4V 1T1 Canada**www.startelecom.ca
<http://www.startelecom.ca>*

On Thu, Apr 11, 2019 at 12:10 PM Aaron C. de Bruyn via VoiceOps <
voiceops at voiceops.org> wrote:

> For the last few hours I've been getting calls and texts from 800-636-7230
> telling me my phone number has been compromised.  When I call that number,
> they answer with variations of "IRS Call Center" and then proceed to ask
> for name, address, social, etc to verify my account.
>
> I've never dealt with spammers who have an 800 number and am clueless on
> locating the carrier to report it.  (Not to mention I'm already bored of
> queuing up 100 calls to their number and automatically conferencing them in
> to an echo test or speaking clock.)
>
> Any pointers?
>
> -A

NOTE: This email message and
any attachments are for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s) and may
contain confidential and/or privileged
information. Any unauthorized review,
use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the
sender by replying to this email, and destroy all copies of
the original
message.