[VoiceOps] Toll Free and Local TNs Porting from Charter

Mark Kaisoglus mark at ringfree.com
Fri Apr 19 12:03:41 EDT 2019

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has experienced the following behavior.  I attempted to
port both Local and Toll Free TNs from Charter, on the same day, to my
usual carrier, and was advised by my carrier that Charter uses a unified
system for local and TF ports, and that due to this creating an issue where
a pending order would be created on the single account by virtue of dual
ports, the ports could not be completed on the same day.  My carrier
advises most other losing providers treat local and toll free TNs in
totally different systems, so this issue only affects Charter numbers.  Has
anyone experienced the same porting local and toll free numbers from
Charter?  Thanks for any input.

Mark