[VoiceOps] STIR/SHAKEN Discussion: Will it help?

Pete Eisengrein peeip989 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 11:06:32 EST 2019

>  The solution, of course, is to use SIP over TCP.

Agreed, but that too has implications. Maybe your carriers support TCP,
maybe they don't. Also, the memory footprint on gear just got bigger to
manage the TCP overhead. We've also seen odd incidents around TCP (not
releasing sessions and exhausting sockets, etc), but that's all been
patched by now.* (Or has it been?)*

Is anyone out there doing SIP/TCP on a large-scale basis?

Thoughts on implementation/technologies? Where in the network would you do
your assertion (softswitch, SBC, other?), and where would you  authenticate
incoming (my inclination is to do it at the SBC edge)?