[VoiceOps] STIR/SHAKEN Discussion: Will it help?

Mary Lou Carey marylou at backuptelecom.com
Tue Dec 31 15:19:23 EST 2019

I wouldn't say it's all that easy because you have to be certified as a
CLEC, Interconnected VOIP, or Wireless provider in order to get access
to numbering resources. A lot of people missed that part in the
guidelines because it was not worded clearly and they didn't know that
you can't get NXXs assigned without providing the certification to the
PA. I contacted Brent Struthers (STI-GA Director) a few months back and
asked him about that because it didn't make sense that you could get
access to NANPA resources without the proper certification to get NXXs.
He verified that you DO have to have a CLEC, Interconnected VOIP, or
Wireless provider cerfification in order to get access to NANPA
resources!

MARY LOU CAREY
BackUP Telecom Consulting
Office: 615-791-9969