[VoiceOps] Request for Opinions: High density ATA's

Robert Johnson robert.j at bendtel.com
Thu Mar 21 12:27:13 EDT 2019

If there is a need to manage only a single box, the first thing that
comes to my mind is Adtran's Total Access 5000 series. The full size
chassis has 22 slots. Fill those up with FXS cards and you're looking at
528 FXS ports.

We have never had a use case where each FXS port didn't require it's own
registration info, so I can't speak to if there can be a shared
registration for the ports.

I can say, that such a thing is possible with the Adtran TA900 series
and that the two pieces of equipment are pretty similar in regards to
SIP/FXS capabilities.