[VoiceOps] Definition: Local Calls

John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Wed Dec 9 11:25:27 EST 2020

In article <1038462169.17163.1607448901620.JavaMail.mhammett at Thunderfuck2> you write:
>My operating theory is that if it's on the same tandem switch, I might as well treat it as local.

If only. At my rural ILEC, the next town up is a remote from the
switch in my town but for historical reasons they are not local to
each other so at least for people who haven't switched to bundled
plans, calls between them take a 150 mile detour to the tandem and
back.

That particular tandem also covers places 250 miles from here. I guess
it's nice if that's local.

R's,
John