[VoiceOps] SS7 problems

Nate Burke nate at blastcomm.com
Fri Dec 11 13:09:32 EST 2020

I don't work with SS7, so this may just be a coincidence, but 2 days ago
I was having VoIP Troubles that appeared to be with traffic Traversing a
Telia circuit between my endpoint and my provider.  Did not affect all
traffic, not even entire /24's.  It was like Telia was dropping some UDP
traffic for some IPs.  Same symptoms that you describe though, the the
call attempted to be setup, but the ACK never made it back, call was
canceled and retried.  The ACK might get back on the 2nd or 3rd
attempt.  Removing Telia from the route path on Wednesday fixed the
issue for us, and I haven't had any more reports since.

Nate