[VoiceOps] Your opinion

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Feb 10 11:49:56 EST 2020

I have not read the actual text of the trade embargo nor the updated sanctions that have arisen in the current political climate.

However, as far as I’m given to understand they target three things primarily: (1) paying Iranian entities in foreign currency; (2) enabling strategic industries with high black market potential which yield hard currency earnings, e.g. petroleum export; (3) enabling economic activity with dual-use (civilian and military) characteristics — e.g. selling an atomic reactor.

I could be wrong or that knowledge may not be up to date.

—
Sent from mobile, with due apologies for brevity and errors.