[VoiceOps] NTP Question

Mike Hammett voiceops at ics-il.net
Mon Feb 17 16:52:59 EST 2020

How many NTP servers do you guys run?

I just spun up two NTP servers in different locations on this network. Metaswitch just asked me for at least four (preferably five, or even more). Right now, the ones I have are just referencing the US pool. Eventually, they'll reference on-net GPS-backed devices.

Is having four VMs running NTP a ridiculous proposition (well, other than resources, which it'll consume very little)? I should be able to work out putting them on four different physical servers at the moment, but I don't know that we'll have four or more physical servers once I get new ones (and consolidate).

Thoughts?

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions