[VoiceOps] RAY BAUMS Act - How are people planning on complying?

Carlos Alvarez caalvarez at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 16:54:02 EST 2020

The number one user of 911 service for us is a chain of urgent care clinics
that use our hosted service.  Several times a week, someone will casually
walk in saying they think they're having a heart attack or stroke.  Some
drive by the ER to get there.  So yeah, what Mary said.  And if you read
the cases that lead to these laws, you will see a string of poor decisions
leading to injury and death.

I haven't figured out how they will break out responsible parties on all of
this.  As a hosted provider, are we bound to FORCE people to put phones in
the right places?  To buy more phones/DIDs and pay for more 911 locations?
Or do we need to just tell them that they are responsible for it?  I can't
quite get a solid answer on this also.

For example, we have a customer whose manufacturing facility is well over
the size that would allow a phone or two as legal coverage.  They have
balked at putting phones out ever 6-7k square feet on poles and such.  Is
that our problem?  I don't think so.