[VoiceOps] Get ready for a weird dialplan change. 9-8-8 suicide hotline.

Mark R Lindsey, ECG lindsey at e-c-group.com
Sat Jul 18 22:51:59 EDT 2020

Fortunately, all we have to do is setup call forwarding for 988 calls to go
to +1-800-273-8255

If anyone here would like to help, they can send me the config steps
necessary to make this work on the platforms you manage. I’ll collect and
publish them (tentatively at http://988.support/ ).

For me, the health-and-safety element of voice telecom is a big part of the
reason it’s important. People depend on us — in a small way — for their
safety.

—
Mark R Lindsey ECG +1-229-316-0013

On Sat, Jul 18, 2020 at 21:45 Jay Hennigan <jay at west.net> wrote:

> This should be fun. FCC is designating 9-8-8 as a service code.
>

> https://www.fcc.gov/document/fcc-designates-988-national-suicide-prevention-lifeline
>
> --
> Jay Hennigan - jay at west.net
> Network Engineering - CCIE #7880
> 503 897-8550 - WB6RDV

Mark R Lindsey | Senior Member of Technical Staff / VP
+1-229-316-0013 | Calendar: https://ecg.co/lindsey