[VoiceOps] Can carriers still refuse port-outs if an account is being closed?

Carlos Alvarez caalvarez at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 15:43:29 EDT 2020

We've had issues in the long past where ILECs in particular would refuse a
port-out for "pending orders" if they had received a 30 day notice of
cancellation.  This basically would help get them an extra month of
revenue.  We have a customer whose service renews in a few days for another
year, if they don't cancel.  If we enter a port order today, and they give
a 30 day notice tomorrow, could that port be blocked?