[VoiceOps] Investigating random call completion issues nationwide

Darren Schreiber darren at 2600hz.com
Thu Mar 19 19:34:21 EDT 2020

Yeah we are debating congestion too but can't seem to pin it down. What troubles me is that even our upstream carriers (both bandwidth and Peerless) can't even find the call examples we've received (which are from different clients) in their switches at all. So that rules our systems out to some degree.

So I either have two clients sending me invalid information, orrrr.... yeah out of ideas a bit.

Anyway, thanks for the responses already.

On 3/19/20, 4:33 PM, "Gavin Henry" <ghenry at suretec.co.uk> wrote:

    >                 The issue seems to always be the same. Customer from cell phone or landline dials a number, reaches a busy signal or intercept message. All reports are from Verizon or AT&T callers. We check our logs, don’t see any attempt to even reach our system (we log freakin everything). So we reach out to the upstream provider, and they too claim it never reached their tandem/network.

    I did see this in the UK yesterday from mobiles calling various
    numbers, including our own VoIP numbers. First dial always failed.
    Thought the same as you but was various landlines and mobiles. I think
    it was the mobile network (O2). Maybe a symptom of a congested core
    mobile network?

    Thanks.

    --
    Kind Regards,