[VoiceOps] Investigating random call completion issues nationwide

jay binks jaybinks at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 22:57:53 EDT 2020

We are seeing similar things in Australia over the last few days.

I can generally get calls out of our network (being that we are so well
connected to almost every other sizeable carrier in-country),
however, we are definitely seeing some inbound traffic "go missing" as you
are talking about.

The calls simply never hit our network.

I know of one carrier in country with fairly massive confirmed capacity
issues.
Another has unofficially mentioned that if current traffic volumes continue
to increase they are going to hit issues.

I just think everyone is seeing unprecedented traffic growth.

I don't think it's just working from home.

   - I think its people calling to check up on loved ones.
   - People calling co-workers rather than IM while working from home. (we
   are seeing an increase in this in our own staff... when in isolation people
   want to talk not IM, so they get some human contact)
   - Then I know for sure of "Covid 19 response lines" setup by governments
   that are now carrying huge amount of calls

On that note, if I can help anyone in Australia or NZ right now.. contact
me. ( yes I'm with a smaller Tier 1 in Aus )
More than happy to help where we can.

but I hope you all get through this as best you can.

On Fri, 20 Mar 2020 at 09:40, Gavin Henry <ghenry at suretec.co.uk> wrote:

> When we pulled up our Homer traces we only saw the successful attempt,
> nothing else, nor our carriers. Same story. I reckon mobile core.

Sincerely

Jay