[VoiceOps] Toll Free Caller ID

Paul Timmins paul at timmins.net
Thu May 14 12:08:31 EDT 2020

 1. What's the news on using TFN as a caller ID?
     1. People have been doing it for years
 2. Does this require a local charge number in P-Charge-Info or
    P_Asserted_Identity or elsewhere?
     1. It does if you want calling other toll-free numbers or 911 to
        work, otherwise it doesn't really matter.
 3. Has the FCC or anyone else approved TFN as ANI?
     1. Does anyone need to?
 4. Is TF ANI supported for STIR/SHAKEN?
     1. If you have the certs, you can attest to whatever you want. It's
        designed to create accountability for originating carriers, not
        police numbering formats.