[VoiceOps] Canadian Mobile/Landline TN lookup

Ivan Kovacevic ivan.kovacevic at startelecom.ca
Thu May 21 19:30:00 EDT 2020

I tried the first three which offer a function to try without signing up,
using my old wireless number, which has been ported to Star Telecom (would
be seen as a landline TN). I thought I'd share the results.

- Alcazar went off of the outdated NPANXX information, showing my old
wireless carrier (from 10 years ago).
- Telnyx failed saying the number is not Canadian
- Numverify was the only service which provided the correct response (sort
of), saying the number is a landline number,  but did not provide a
carrier. I then tried my current wireless number which has been ported into
Bell Mobility 10 years ago and Numverify failed, showing it as a Freedom
Mobile number... not sure I can trust it either. so still looking :)

thanks!