[VoiceOps] Recommendations for STIR/SHAKEN Consultants

Jared Smith jaredsmith at jaredsmith.net
Thu Nov 12 19:41:13 EST 2020

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 2:20 PM Zilk, David <David.Zilk at cdk.com> wrote:

> We are looking for a consultant to assist in the process of implementing
> STIR/SHAKEN in our network.  Has anyone used any consultants for
> STIR/SHAKEN that they were particularly happy with?

I'm not really interested in doing paid consulting, as I have a decent day
job with Simwood.  That being said, I recently went through the entire
process: registering with the PA, getting staging access, going through the
PA test suite, getting production access, getting the SPC token from the PA
(without all the parameters being well documented), passing the SPC token
to a CA, getting a cert, using the cert to sign outbound calls, and
validating inbound calls.

There are several of these steps that are somewhat cumbersome, to say the
least.  There's a lot of missing documentation, or documentation that is
outdated or just plain wrong.  If you have particular questions or get hung
up on one particular thing, post your question here on the mailing list and
I'll do my best to help in answering them.

--
Jared Smith