[VoiceOps] More Question about routing

Mary Lou Carey marylou at backuptelecom.com
Wed Sep 9 17:41:56 EDT 2020

I'm not so sure that 95% of the industry are non-interconnected VOIP
carriers, but from what I see the ILECs have done everything they can to
eliminate CLECs from the market and make most VOIP carriers reliant on
the DID services of the few CLECs left. The ILECs all bought up the
transport companies that CLECs used to order backhaul services to their
network from. Even before they took over these companies, they quit
offering transport services for LIS trunks so it's almost impossible to
interconnect as a CLEC or Wireless carrier anymore.They've also pushed
deregulation of all the services through so they can do whatever they
want. If it keeps going in the direction it's headed, be prepared to
have our monopoly back in the next 10 years or so. I really don't
understand what the whole point of the divestiture was if the big 3-5
carriers will still be in control of the network for the entire country.
Pretty sad if you ask me because for some of them competition was the
only incentive they.ve had to treat customers and other carriers right.

MARY LOU CAREY
BackUP Telecom Consulting
Office: 615-791-9969
Cell: 615-796-1111