[VoiceOps] Anyone from AT&T (BellSouth) able to look at some number reachability issues?

Hunter Fuller hf0002+nanog at uah.edu
Wed Aug 11 00:14:17 EDT 2021

If anyone from AT&T (especially the old BellSouth area) is here, maybe
you can save our wretched souls. It appears AT&T customers suddenly
can't call any of our numbers as of this afternoon, instead receiving
announcement "Your call cannot be completed at this time." Seems to
apply to AT&T Wireless customers, as well as AT&T fixed service
(VoIP/PRI) customers.

I suspect this is due to the fact that our numbers were previously
with AT&T (delivered on a handful of PRIs) but were ported out to
Comcast about 2 years ago. So obviously I cannot open a ticket with
AT&T, not being an AT&T customer. Comcast has already concluded there
is not much they can directly do about this.

The affected numbers are 256-824-1000 through 256-824-7999 (total of
7,000 numbers).

Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated!

--
Hunter Fuller (they)
Router Jockey

Office of Information Technology