[VoiceOps] iconectiv vs. Neustar

Mary Lou Carey marylou at backuptelecom.com
Thu Feb 25 15:07:31 EST 2021

The iconectiv helpdesk is MUCH easier to use than the old NEUSTAR
Helpdesk because you can enter your own orders and track the status.
It's the cheapest route if you don't do a lot of ports but the most
expensive if you do more than 10 ports per month.

LTI is also through iconectiv, but you log into their website and do all
your own porting orders. It's a flat rate per month with no charges for
ports.

There are a couple service bureaus who will do your ports and LSRs for
you. They use your LTI access and then charge you per order. The nice
thing is they can handle the LSR as well as the NPAC entries so for a
smaller carrier that's much more affordable.

Strachan and Associates
JSI

There are also several service providers who offer an online portal.
It's a little more user friendly than LTI because you can track the
status of orders, but once again you manage everything yourself.

ATL
Syniverse
NEUSTAR

For companies that do a huge number of ports per month, NEUSTAR also has
an service that allows you to manage the entire process. You don't need
logins for every carrier's LSR system because it consolidates them all
into one app and issues them to the correct carrier. You can also do
CNAM, LIDB, and 911 updates and it will track the status of everything.
It's pretty cool, but very pricey so it doesn't pay unless you do a LOT
of number ports every month.

MARY LOU CAREY
BackUP Telecom Consulting
Office: 615-791-9969