[VoiceOps] Huge increase of scam calls?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri Feb 26 16:15:38 EST 2021

On 2/26/21 4:12 PM, Alex Balashov wrote:

> My volume has been about the same - 3-5 per day - to both mobile and
> business number.
>
> 100% Onvoy blocks on the caller ID, all day, every day.

PS. I generated a list of Onvoy blocks from their OCNs in every LATA and
blocked them all on my business number for a while, which led to a 100%
decrease in spam calls. The problem is, legitimate VoIP providers use
them for origination too, of course. Otherwise, they seem to be the
herpes of the PSTN.

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)