[VoiceOps] ATAs compatible with fire alarm panels

Mark Lindsey lindsey at e-c-group.com
Thu Jan 7 17:26:19 EST 2021

Local Fire Marshalls actually have substantial discretion in approving the types of links used. In my experience in North Carolina (USA), a local fire marshall near Raleigh can have different judgments about the effective communication methods available than a fire marshall near Charlotte. In particular the line used to be "nothing VoIP...but it's OK if one path uses a digital phone service from your cable company".

In the only commercial building I'm personally involved with, we installed modules for both direct Internet and GSM connections, as Carlos suggested.

Analog will be here as long as we <https://www.audiocodes.com/solutions-products/products/digital-and-analog-media-gateways> keep <https://www.patton.com/voip-gateway/sn4140/> installing <https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/ata-190-series-analog-telephone-adapters/datasheet-c78-739907.html> new <http://www.grandstream.com/products/gateways-and-atas/analog-telephone-adaptors/product/ht802> FXS <https://ribboncommunications.com/products/enterprise-products/cloud-and-edge/media-gateways/ribbon-edgemarc-300-series-gateway> ports <https://www.polycom.com/content/dam/polycom/common/documents/data-sheets/obi-302-data-sheet-enus.pdf>.

Mark R Lindsey, SMTS | +1-229-316-0013 | mark at ecg.co | https://ecg.co/lindsey/ <https://ecg.co/lindsey/>