[VoiceOps] USF is 33.4% for 2Q2021

Matthew Crocker matthew at corp.crocker.com
Thu Jun 10 12:41:06 EDT 2021

I tell my customers to complain to their congress critter if they don’t like the 33% tax on the services.

It’s for the children after all….

From: VoiceOps <voiceops-bounces at voiceops.org> on behalf of Paul Timmins <paul at timmins.net>
Date: Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 12:38 PM
To: voiceops at voiceops.org <voiceops at voiceops.org>
Subject: Re: [VoiceOps] USF is 33.4% for 2Q2021
CAUTION: This email originated from outside of Crocker. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

On 6/10/21 6:23 AM, Alex Balashov wrote:

> Yeah, observing it as an outsider who is not a service provider, I'm a
> little shocked to say the least. It's hard to understand where that
> kind of money is supposed to come from with the margins in this business.
>
> -- Alex

Passthru fees to the end user, duh. There's nothing us telcos can't cram
on the bottom of the bill.

Customers are gonna be ticked, but what ya gonna do. It's a line item
now, and a line item later.