[VoiceOps] Suicide Hotline compliance requirements for ALL VOICE CARRIERS !

Mary Lou Carey marylou at backuptelecom.com
Thu Jun 17 21:19:41 EDT 2021

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that ALL VOICE carriers who
operate in the NPAs / states on the attached list are required to comply
with the 5 milestones NANPA has established to implement the new 3 digit
dialing code for the National Suicide Prevention Hotline (988).

NANPA's first step in implementing the 988 hotline is to establish
mandatory 10 digit dialing for all areas of the country. This only
affects 82 NPAs in 36 states because areas that have multiple NPAs
already have mandatory 10 digit dialing. If you have any voice customers
in these 82 NPAs, you are not only required to send out 2 customer
notices and meet the 3 technical milestones. You are required to report
your progress to NANPA! Attached is the list of the NPAs affected and
the milestone guide which I pulled from NANPAs website.

There are a lot of changes happening in the next few months with
STIR/SHAKEN, the Suicide Prevention Hotline, and the Re-assigned Numbers
Database so I just want to make sure everyone knows that they need to do
something for each one. (I'll be sending out a separate e-mail with
details on the requirements for the Re-assigned Number Database).

MARY LOU CAREY
BackUP Telecom Consulting
Office: 615-791-9969
Cell: 615-796-1111