[VoiceOps] AT&T Verizon to block text messaging

Fred Posner fred at palner.com
Thu Mar 4 13:01:29 EST 2021

On 3/4/21 12:52 PM, Oren Yehezkely wrote:
> Overall it is a move by a giant to hurt small carriers and customers of
> other companies by reducing functionality and raising their cost of
> doing business.

That's your take...

Or it's like Carlos and others believe (and me as well) that the spam
generated, perhaps from your customers, is making SMS simply as useless
as email. If this makes it so we get fewer unsolicited sms messages, great.

Nothing I see impacts sms for individiual <-> individual or SMB <->
individual at low volume. In fact, it's specifically stated those do not
need to register.

Your language here is very "sky is falling" and one of two things need
to happen...

Either (a), you're legitimately sending large volumes of sms and need to
register... or (b) you're not sending legitimate sms and should stop.

The registration seems like not a big deal to be honest; as well as
decent time provided.

I like this model a lot better than stir/shaken.

--fred