[VoiceOps] Caveat to the 2023 STIR/SHAKEN extension for small companies

Mary Lou Carey marylou at backuptelecom.com
Wed May 26 16:54:51 EDT 2021

One more thing.....I also found out that there's a caveat to the June
30, 2023 extension for small carriers. Although the FCC granted smaller
carriers an extension to implement STIR/SHAKEN, that does not exempt
your company from filing your Robocall Mitigation Plan by June 30th,
2021. So smaller carriers should get registered with the Robocall
Mitigation Database ASAP and file your Robocall Mitigation plan by June
30, 2021.  Then you will be given until June 30, 2023 to implement it.

The mitigation database registration requires that you to have your FRNs
and your 499 filing completed in order to submit your plan. Just trying
to pass on all the information I run across because there's been so much
confusion surrounding the process!

MARY LOU CAREY
BackUP Telecom Consulting
Office: 615-791-9969