[VoiceOps] CSR BTN

Robert Schoneman rschoneman at blumenthalarts.org
Sat May 29 12:48:44 EDT 2021

As a customer doing porting from one carrier to another my experience has been the CSR is just a record of everything (phone number, circuit, trunk, etc) on an account or BTN. It's not a verification document, per se. But is often used during porting to verify information if the port order gets rejected by the losing carrier or if the port order is somehow incomplete or fails an initial verification.

All the CSRs I've ever seen were just everything on the BTN and weren't specific to the port order in question. That is, if I was porting 5 numbers from a BTN and there's 100 numbers on the BTN, the CSR would include all 100 numbers regardless of the port order.

I've not seen any consistency with regards to what details are on the CSRs from one carrier to another. Some are quite verbose, and others are little more than a list of numbers.